Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you should download the package and unzip it, place it in a convenient location such as on your Desktop. Let's take a look at all the cool things that I've provided for you in this course. Most importantly is the scenes folder, and this includes a whole series of TPFP documents. This is the native file format for PlantFactory Producer. If you're using PlantFactory Producer, you'll be able to open these, they do not have encryption on them.
However, if you're using a different version of PlantFactory you won't be able to open these scenes, so just be aware that you'll need to sort of create the assets as you go. Additionally, I've got some source images in here. Some of these are derived from the PlantFactory default content files library. We've also got scene files for Vue, and also a Maya project, because I'm going to show you how to integrate PlantFactory with Maya. And additionally, we've got a render output of a nice image that I created in Vue using PlantFactory.
And some other miscellaneous files, such as components, and species, which are other forms of PlantFactory documents that we will look at as we progress through the course.
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.