- If you've ever used Vue from e-on software…then PlantFactory should look quite familiar.…The interface is very similar,…and in fact, the application is quite similar,…because some of the programming code is the same.…For example, the Material Editor in Vue was ported…directly into PlantFactory with only minor changes.…So if you're used to the Vue Material Editor…then you already know how to use…the PlantFactory Material Editor.…Let's take a look at the PlantFactory interface.…We've got a main toolbar at the top here…for common commands,…such as opening a scene,…or generating a New Plant Variation,…or rendering the current frame, and so on.…
On the left we have tools for manipulating…and creating segments in the plant.…In PlantFactory you can only have one plant…in the scene at a time.…So all of these controls here are for creating…and manipulating parts, or segments of the plant.…And the segments, or parts of the plant…will be represented as geometry in the Preview window here,…and also as nodes in the Graph over here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.