- Our Schlumbergera cactus has too many flowers.…We really only want a few of those flowers to appear…at the ends of those branches.…In Plant Factory, sometimes you can achieve…the effect of pruning,…and that can help you in some cases,…but in this case it's not really going to work.…Let me demonstrate.…If we go into the Segment, and go to its child tab,…which is labeled Next, there's a Pruning parameter,…if we increase that value, then we'll get fewer branches.…
Pruning's not going to help us here.…We'll set that back to zero.…What I'll do instead is something clever.…At the end of each one of these branches…of cladded segments we have a flower.…What I want is to determine a different output…from this end node than the flower,…and randomly choose between those two outputs.…And that is called a random children node.…First, let's delete the connection that exists here.…Select that wire and press Delete,…and open up the end node there,…showing you we have a single output.…
Open up the flower, showing you we have a single input.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.