- As we've seen we can control the shape of plants…using the transforms of segments…of using their access lines and so on.…There's yet another way we can control…the growth and movement of a plant.…And that can be done either globally…for the entire plant or on a per-segment basis.…This is called biases.…And they're essentially modifiers, or effects,…that we can apply to cause a plant…to move in different directions.…The easiest way to learn about biases…is just to play with them.…
Go to the plant's root, click on the plant root button,…and then choose the global biases tab.…You'll see there's one in there…by default, direction bias.…And if you select that, you'll get at its parameters.…It's really easier to affect your plant…using an interactive method rather than these…parameter values,…and if you click on this button here,…you'll be able to see a bias control…in the plant preview viewport.…
And there it is, direction bias.…There's also a button for that here on the…advanced display options toolbar.…Turn the bias controls on or off.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.