Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving and loading components, part of Up and Running with Plant Factory.
- Earlier in the chapter, we saw how we can…group nodes together into a metanode…in order to encapsulate the graph…in a subgraph and sort of clean up our display a bit,…and also expose certain parameters within that subgraph.…Components come in very handy when you build up…a plant out of constituent parts.…Here, I've created a flower in a separate scene,…and this is for a schlumbergera cactus,…and it's a fairly complex graph here.…
We're not going to really go over the graph in detail,…but I will point out one interesting thing,…which is this node,…which is an axis splined function node…that allows me to generate an axis spline…that's randomized so that the petals all bend differently.…I didn't have to design each one…of those splines individually.…They were generated by that node.…Alright, let's save this scene out to a component…so that we can load it into the main cactus scene.…Go to the File menu, and choose Create Component.…
We want to save that into our Exercise Files…Components directory.…We'll call it 0508_flower,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
Vue 6 xStream Essential Trainingwith Larry Mitchell9h 15m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.