Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering test images, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- The OpenGL plant preview window here…can only go so far to display materials accurately.…Eventually you'll need to an actual test render…to see what your materials really look like.…To do that,…we can click on the camera icon here.…And it'll render through once,…and we'll get a popup dialogue saying…Gamma correction is currently enabled and has been applied.…You can access the settings from Post Render Options.…That's fine.…We don't really need to be notified of this…every single time we do a render,…so let's turn Don't show again on,…and then click Okay.…
Now we get the Post Render Options dialogue.…And here's where we can do things like change the exposure,…we can see a preview of that here.…The only thing we really want to do is just…make sure that Natural film response is disabled,…because when it's on it sort of…washes out the shot a bit.…We don't really want to see this…Post Render Options dialogue show up…every time we do a test render.…To avoid it popping up, we can turn…Don't show when render completes on,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.