- To get a more natural result to our plant,…we'll want to randomize its shape a bit.…PlantFactory gives us many tools to accomplish that.…One of the most basic is axis perturbation.…The axis is a spline that runs the length…of each primitive.…And perturbation is a noise effect…that will randomize the shape of that spline in 3-D.…I'll select the Trunk node in the graph,…and in the parameters go to the Influences tab.…
And right at the top is AXIS PERTURBATION.…The most important parameters here…are Strength and Frequency.…Strength is the amplitude,…and frequency is the size…of the noise effect.…I'll set the Strength to a greater value.…I can just drag the slider here.…And if I bring that strength up to a value of one,…for example, then we get a very twisted,…gnarly result.…I don't want it to be that extreme, so I'll set the Strength…to a value of 0.2…and press Enter.…
The Frequency, once again, is the size of the effect,…and a greater frequency will result…in a shorter wavelength.…If I click on this little spinner, hold the mouse down…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.