- In the following chapter, we'll explore the graph in…a little bit more detail.…In this scene I've created a common box wood or…boxes severed rear ends.…And the graph is pretty complex if we navigate around…in that graph we can see that it's built up of many…many nodes.…And if you want to change some of the parameters in…these nodes, it may be challenging to find the node…that you want when the graph is that complex.…To make it easier to access parameters…and also to make them available within views plant editor…you can publish parameters.…
And these can be published to the root of the plant…that way you can just select that root node and directly…edit the published parameter.…For example, here in the upper left of the graph I have…a node that's labeled length overall.…If I select that node, it's simply a constant value that I…can type in.…It has a value of fifty.…That's its based height for the entire shrub.…If I set that to a lower value like thirty,…it'll take a moment to update, but we see we have a…shorter shrub there.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.