- One of the most fun things you can do…in PlantFactory is prune the plant.…You can actually chop off parts of the structure…and leave stumps behind.…And that's done with the Prune tool,…the little saw icon here.…If you left-click, you will prune once,…and then when you're done pruning…you'll be dropped into the Touch-up tool.…If you want to prune multiple times,…you can right-click on the saw icon.…I'm going to right-click and then…get in really close here on some of these branches.…
And as I hover my mouse across the branch,…you can see a red highlighting that'll indicate…where the pruning's going to take place.…I'll just click there, and I've pruned that branch,…and go up here, maybe prune this one as well.…Just click to chop that off, and we've left a stump behind.…And the primitive parameters specify…that this particular node has a cap on the end of it,…and if we wanted to change the shape of that cap,…we would just go into the segment node…and adjust the cap parameters.…
Pruning is a destructive act in as much as…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.