Join Dermot O' Connor for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of 2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycles.
- [Voiceover] If you want to understand the fundamental…basics of the Walk itself, my introductory course,…2D Animation Walk Cycle Basics is a great way to start.…I also strongly recommend the following book,…Character Animation Crash Course!, by Eric Goldberg.…He's better known as one of the major forces…behind the Disney movie Aladdin,…and of course, there is the all time classic…Richard Williams' book,…The Animator's Survival Kit,…and it's also now available in an Expanded Edition,…which I strongly recommend.…I don't think this book will ever be surpassed,…and I've tried to keep my course content…as consistent with this book as was humanly possible.…
It's not that expensive, and it's the best purchase…you will ever make.…I cannot recommend it strongly enough.…
- Animating male and female walks
- Changing weight and body type
- Breaking joints for flexibility
- Creating an attitude contact pose
- Animating a jog or run in 10, 8, or 6 frames