- [Voiceover] Like all 3D programs,…PlantFactory has a viewport in which you can…see, manipulate, and navigate…around 3D objects.…And in PlantFactory, it's called the plant preview window.…To learn the navigation shortcuts…for the plant preview window,…let's load up a scene file.…Go to the File menu and choose file Open…and in the scenes browser,…we want to click on the…manually browse file icon here.…It's the folder on the upper right-hand corner.…
When you click on that, you get a pop-up asking,…do you want to load a scene or a species.…A scene is a PlantFactory project file…and it includes all of the scene elements…including lighting and rendering settings.…A species is only the procedural graph…of the plant and its materials.…And that's appropriate for loading into view.…It's a view plant species.…In this case, we want to load up a scene.…So click on scenes,…and then go into the exercise files,…and the scenes folder,…and choose the scene file…01_04_navigating.tpfp…As a side note,…if you're using PlantFactory Producer,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.