Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Multiplying by a random range, part of Up and Running with Plant Factory.
- The length of our branches is a bit uniform…and that's because none of the primary…branches are allowed to be longer or shorter…than the entire trunk.…We want to randomize the length…of the primary branches but still…keep them in the range of the overall…length of the trunk.…And to do that we can multiply by a random range.…Lets get in close here on the primary branch node…and lets create a random range node.…Right click and under Miscellaneous…choose Random Range.…
And lets give it a random range value…of 1 plus or minus .5.…I'll go up here to the range value,…set the value of 1 and then plus or minus .5.…And then we'll multiple that range…of 0.5 to 1.5 by the parent parameter…which is the remaining length of the trunk.…So lets create a multiply node.…Right click and go to Math.…
Multiple Inputs.…And now this multiple inputs has two inputs.…We can pen that up.…Input zero will come from one of these…and input one will come from the other.…I'll take that parent parameter…and then connect it to the input zero.…The random range is the multiplier.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
Vue 6 xStream Essential Trainingwith Larry Mitchell9h 15m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.