Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Modulating parameters with filters, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- PlantFactory has many mechanisms to…allow you to control the shape of your plant.…And one of the most basic is a filter.…That's simply a function curve or a graph…that allows you to map one value onto another.…For example, I can make a filter that will determine…the radius of the trunk based upon its length…so that it will be thicker in the middle…and thinner here at the tip.…I'll select the trunk node…and go into its Parameters to the Segment tab…because we're going to deal with that trunk directly…and not its children.…
Up at the top we have the basic…Segment parameters such as Radius.…And next to a lot of these parameters…you will see an orange and a green box.…The orange box is a filter labeled Profile.…And what it does is drive the current parameter,…such as Radius,…relative to a position on the current primitive.…In other words, along the length of the trunk.…And it's already got a default function curve on it.…
So you can see the trunk is actually tapering slightly…as it gets taller.…If I click on that button,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
Vue 6 xStream Essential Trainingwith Larry Mitchell9h 15m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.