- In 3D programs, bitmaps are usually stored…as separate files on your hard drive.…Usually you've got a scene file like a Maya .ma file…or a 3ds Max .max file,…that's your project.…And then that project will refer to a bunch of bitmaps…like pngs or jpegs or whatever.…Well in PlantFactory, you have the ability to embed…or incorporate bitmaps or textures inside the scene file.…When you save your project in PlantFactory,…as a tpfp or tpfs file,…the bitmaps will be incorporated automatically.…
You can control that behavior.…The way to do that is from a window…under the Display menu,…Imported Elements.…This shows a list of all of the texture maps…or imported 3D objects.…And you can make these icons larger or smaller…by clicking and dragging on this little button here.…Next to each one of these items,…there may be a blue dot.…If that blue dot is present,…then that means PlantFactory is not going to go looking…for a file in a certain location.…
It's going to know to use the incorporated bitmap.…If you hover your mouse over some of these…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.