- A smart and simple way for us…to generate lots of geometry in PlantFactory…is to use a for loop.…This is just like in computer programming…when you have some command…that you want to repeat a certain number of times.…In this case we want to generate segments…that are connected to one another,…and we also want them to branch off…and do interesting things.…Before we get to that,…let's just change the material on this segment.…Select the segment and if you go to the Material tab,…you'll notice that it's blank, in this case,…because the geometry is taking over.…
When you do go to the Segment tab,…and the material is listed here.…We'll just make a new material from this pull down list.…New material, double click on the material swatch,…we'll rename it, we'll call it green cladode,…and then click on the Overall color down here…and give that kind of a dark green with a lot of saturation.…Click Okay.…Click Okay and we can unselect…and take a look at what simple green material looks like.…
Now we will create a loop…so we'll generate lots of these segments.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.