Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing in another application, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- I'm ready to import that FBX document…into my third party application which is "Maya 2016".…Before I do that I want to make sure…that my project is set correctly.…Go to the "File Menu" and choose "Set Project",…and I want to go into my exercise files…and choose the "Maya Project" folder and click "Set".…Once I've done that then I can open the file itself…that I have prepared.…Go to the "File Menu" and choose "Open Scene"…and I've got "06_04_import_plant.ma".…It's a very simple background.…
Go ahead and click "Open"…and it's just going to take a moment to load that up.…And as I said, it's a very simple scene that's built at…one one-hundredth scale because "Maya" can't really handle…landscapes built at one to one scale.…So there it is and I'm ready now to import my FBX document.…Go back to the "File Menu" and choose "Import"…and once again, in the "Scenes Folder",…I've got "Cypress.fbx" and the maps…are in the "Maps Folder" there.…
Go ahead and click "Import".…It will just take a moment to calculate…the BOT and the deformations.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.