Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Growing plants on an imported object, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- The last chapter in Up And Running…With Plant Factory Producer is about inter-operability,…getting data back and forth between PlantFactory…and other applications.…One of the most common things you will want to do…is cause a plant to conform to the shape…of an external object.…And as I noted previously in the course, there is no…volumetric space-filling algorithm in PlantFactory…as of version 2015.…This means that you are currently not able to…perform operations such as…cause a plant to fill a volume.…
If you're trying to do a complex, topiary shapes,…you actually cannot do it withing PlantFactory currently.…However, you can cause a plant to conform…to the external surface of an object,…and that's a feature called Grow On Object.…It itself is actually somewhat limited,…and in order to get the best use out of it…you have to design your plant…with some restrictions in mind.…Basically, you need to make the plant conform…closely to the shape of the external object…before you even try to make it grow on that object.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.