Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Grouping nodes within MetaNodes, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- To give me the flexibility of increasing or decreasing…the size of this buxus plant…I needed to create a relatively complex graph.…However we don't need to see all of the nodes…in the graph all at once.…It's just a bit too overwhelming.…We can group a bunch of nodes…into something called a MetaNode…which is a package for other nodes.…We can also save and load those MetaNodes…as components, which are basically…building blocks for a plant.…
I'd like to just group all of these nodes…into a single MetaNode…and that will represent the primary branch…and all of it's constituent nodes.…If we zoom in a bit here…I've got a primary branch node…and it's got a whole bunch of other stuff connected to it…and I want to just take all of that…and put it into a package.…I don't want to include this hydra.…The hydra is a node that exists…only to generate children.…And I've used it here in order to create…a whole bunch of stems coming directly out of the ground.…
But that's not really part of the primary branch.…I want to select everything on the left here…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.