- In this course we've seen how…Plant Factory makes it easy to design…any plant imaginable.…That's something you just couldn't do…with a generalized 3D package such as Maya.…Even so, there are still a few missing…pieces to the puzzle.…Plant Factory is in active development…so I think there's a good chance…that in the future we'll see features…such as collision detection and volumetric…space filling.…Until then we can always resort to the touch up tool…to resolve any issues with self-intersecting geometry.…Once you get a handle on how the procedural…graph works you can model anything…in the botanical world.…
Of course you don't have to stop there.…Let your imagination run wild and model…fantastic otherworldly plants.…I hope you've enjoyed this course…and have a good start in this fascinating program.…Thank you and good bye.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.