Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- With our graph structure established,…we can now fine-tune the look of the plant…and avoid some of these issues with blending…where you can see all these yellow branches.…We're just not able to blend with subdivisions…in those areas because those branches are too large…and too close together.…There are several things we can do to avoid that issue.…First of all, let's play around…with the radius of the trunk.…We can see that it's a bit too thick…up here at the top.…I'll select that trunk node in the graph,…and go to its Segment tab and the radius,…click on the Radius Filter,…and just play around with this a bit,…and we may actually be able to get rid…of some of these yellow branches just…by adjusting the positions of these key points here.…
Basically, we want this to taper off a bit more elegantly.…And it's going to vary depending…upon the random seed that you have,…so if you keep re-randomizing, you can get a sense…of what a representative version…of this tree might look like.…So it's mostly okay, except when I have five branches there,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.