Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting to another application, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- Before exporting to a third-party application…we'll want to check in on a couple of things.…In the previous movie, I enabled the Bones…for the ambient motion of blades…and that created many, many Bones.…We've got 2,000 Bones here.…We want to turn that back off again.…Go into the Leaf segment and in the Influences tab turn off…the check box that says "Wind and Gust Motion of Blades."…And now I've only got about 180 Bones.…If I had 2,000 bones in there, then my third-party program,…Maya, would kind of choke,…so we don't want that to happen.…
Additionally, Maya, as you may know,…doesn't really handle very large scenes terribly well.…That is, if you have a scene modeled at 1:1 scale…and it needs to be on the order of kilometers…or tens of kilometers in size,…then you will have units in the millions…and Maya will have all sorts of issues with roundoff errors.…It's just a quirk of Maya that landscapes…really need to be built at 1:100 scale…in order to work correctly.…
My scene here is built at 1:1 scale.…In order to be compatible with my Maya scene,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.