Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting VUE species, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- The real power of PlantFactory…becomes evident in conjunction with VUE,…or VUE xStream, inside a host application.…Because then, you can have millions…of different unique plants…all generated from the same DNA,…or VUE species.…I made some major modifications…to this cherry tree, or Prunus avium.…And among them are,…I've sprouted out the primary branches from a Hydra,…as you can see here.…I've made some adjustments to the materials, as well.…
Just to show you what I've done,…I'll go into the Materials summary,…and right-click on one of the blossoms…and edit the material in the Effects tab…in the Advanced Material Editor.…I've increased the Luminous amount to 70%.…I've disable Ambiance,…and I've given it a diffuse amount of 30%.…And I did this so that those billboards…will render very bright when I bring my plant into view.…Alright, so I've done that.…I've also removed the highlights from these bark materials…so they don't look shiny and plastic.…
And having made a bunch of modifications to that plant,…now I can export it to a view species.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.