- Let's start looking at the most basic parameters…of a segment.…I'll select the Trunk node…and in its parameters we've got the Segment tab here…and the Length is the most primary aspect…of a segment.…And right now, we have a length of ten units…with the default units of meters…And we can see down here that the Z dimension,…or the elevation, is 10.2 meters.…So there's a little bit of a fudge factor there.…
It can vary slightly from this value.…We can also see the height…by clicking on this ruler button here.…And that's on the Advanced display options toolbar.…Click on Show Ruler…and we can always see the scale of our plant…with that ruler.…Let's give it a length of six meters…and also vary that length a little bit.…Next to some of these fields here,…we have a plus or minus field.…And that will randomize the plant variation,…depending upon the seed value.…
If I give it a value of 0.5 here…and press Enter,…now we have a length of six meters…plus or minus 0.5 meters.…And each time we click…on the new plant variation button here,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.