Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing section splines, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- To further customize the shape of a segment…you can edit it's sections spline…or splines.…A section spline…is a curve that runs around the circumference…of the segment,…and you can have one or more section splines…running along the length of that segment's access.…In some programs this is known as a Profile Curve…or a Loft Curve.…The Section Spline Editor can only…reduce the radius…of your object.…In order to get best results,…you want to actually increase the radius…a little bit greater…than the end result you wish to achieve.…
Select the Trunk note in this case…and just increase the Radius a little bit,…and that way we will have a bit of room…in order to edit the section spline.…Currently my object doesn't have Polygon Mesh Detailed…to resolve the changes I'm going to make.…If I turn on…Show Wire Frame,…we can see it a pretty low level of detail object.…I'll need to increase the resolution…by clicking Subdivide more a couple of times.…And now it is detailed enough…to except the changes…I'm going to make.…
I'll turn Show Wire Frame back off again,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.