Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing primitives with the Touch-Up tool, part of Up and Running with Plant Factory.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- To adjust the shape and transforms of primitives…after they've been drawn, use the Touch-Up tool.…It's found on the Tool Bar here,…and it looks just like a standard axis tripod manipulator…that you'll find in any 3D program.…Once that's activated, you can select a primitive…such as the trunk here.…Optionally, if you wish,…you can enable selection highlighting…so you'll know which primitive you're working on.…But, I'm going to have it turned off…so that I can see the manipulators…a bit better here in the view.…
For the trunk, we can control the shape of its axis spline.…And that's what these yellow circles are here.…The larger yellow circles are key points on the axis spline.…We can move those around to change the shape.…And then the smaller yellow circles…at the ends of these lines are the tangent handles.…This works just like any bezier spline editor…you may have used in a 2D or 3D program.…Plant Factory does not have any orthographic display.…You only have a perspective view here.…
There's no 2D front side or top view.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
Vue 6 xStream Essential Trainingwith Larry Mitchell9h 15m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.