Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing child parameters, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- Of course, a major consideration in designing…a plant is getting the right branching structure.…This is not a terribly interesting set up, here,…for the branches.…And we want to design this so that those branches…are a lot more realistic.…Let's rename these nodes before we go on.…I'm going to select the branch node here,…and then click on it a second time,…and enter in the name.…I'll call it "primary branch," because I'll have…multiple branch nodes in this graph here.…So I'll call it "primary branch", and…I can resize the node as well by clicking on…the upper right corner, and drag that out…until I can see that title a bit better.…
Now the distribution of these primitives…within this branch node is not to be found…within the branch node perameters.…In other words, if I want to determine…where these branches are going to sprout from,…that determination is not made by the node itself.…That distribution pattern is determined…by the parent, which is, in this case, the trunk.…So if I have primary branch selected,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.