Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing axis splines, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- For finer control over the axis spline,…we can use a dedicated Axis Spline Editor.…That'll give us some abilities that we don't have…with the Touch-up tool.…We can select the trunk and go to its parameters,…and we will see there's an axis item here…with an icon next to it.…Currently, the icon is enabled, it's lit up…because we have made some change…to the axis in the past.…When we initially drew that trunk segment,…we created an axis spline, and that stored here.…
With the All primitive instances chosen…in the pull-down list, we can adjust the shape of that axis,…and it's going to affect the trunk.…The trunk currently only has one variation,…so let's click on that button,…and the Axis Spline Editor opens,…and we can resize it, make it bigger or smaller.…We can zoom in with the wheel,…and navigate with the middle mouse button…to tumble or orbit around.…We see the 3D axis spline here,…and we also see projected 2D splines…for the front and side.…
We can either edit in 3D or in 2D.…We won't see the change…until we click the Apply button down here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.