Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing the workspace, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- The first time we launch PlantFactory,…we'll have some options.…I'll go ahead and do that.…Just load it up.…We get the Welcome screen here,…and that is optional.…I'm going to go ahead and click the x button…without loading any of these default scenes.…The PlantFactory interface loads up,…and we get this dialogue asking if we want to use…one of the user interface pre-sets.…It's possible you could use the 3ds Max…or Maya keyboard shortcuts in PlantFactory.…However, I don't recommend it.…
You should just stick with the default keyboard shortcuts.…Click "okay."…I'll maximize PlantFactory.…And the first thing I'll need to do is…make some changes to the interface here.…Because I'm doing a screen capture at 1280x720,…and PlantFactory actually won't all fit on the screen.…So, I'll need to customize the workspace.…That's the first thing we'll do.…Go into the display menu and choose "workspace,"…and uncheck "lock workspace."…And now we have a textured bar on all of these panels.…
And we can turn them on and off and move them around.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.