Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing random distribution, part of Learning Plant Factory.
- To thin out our plant a bit here,…we can customize the random function…that determines how many of these segments…are generated at each urchin.…Remember, we have an invisible urchin…at every juncture point between segments,…and it is generating between one and three segments…at each of those points.…We can control the distribution of the random functions…so that it will be less likely that we will have three…at any particular point,…but we will occasionally get three segments.…
Let's go into the Urchin,…and in its urchin parameters we set the distribution,…the number of segments coming from that urchin,…to be two, plus or minus one.…The probability of getting one, two,…or three children is equal.…Each time we get an urchin,…we may get one, two, or three children,…and the probability of each of those is the same.…What we want to happen is there to be…a greater probability that we will get one child…and a lower probability that we will get three children.…
That way we won't get so much splitting off here…and our plant won't be quite so dense.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.