Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing application options, part of Up and Running with Plant Factory.
- The last thing we need to do…before we really get started in Plant Factory…is to just set up a couple of the application…options or preferences.…We can go to file, options,…and the options dialog in Plant Factory…is pretty straight forward and simple.…There's not a lot for us to really worry about in here.…Just a few key things we want to look at.…First of all, the units.…The units in Plant Factory are mercifully simple…you might be used to other programs where…for example, you have display units and system units,…and all different kind of stuff and it's confusing…and you don't understand how it really works.…
Well, Plant Factory is just dead simple.…A Plant Factory unit is interpreted…as being a certain size.…So, if for example we change one Plant Factory unit…to centimeter and click okay.…Now, my tree is tiny,…and we can check that because down here…at the bottom it's telling me exactly…what the size of the current object is.…So, now I've got a Bonsai Keisha.…I can change it back to being full-size…just by going back into that options dialog,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
Vue 6 xStream Essential Trainingwith Larry Mitchell9h 15m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.