- Our graph is very simple and linear currently.…We've got a trunk that's sprouting primary branches…and the primary branches are sprouting…secondary branches.…I want some more branches to come off the trunk here…and I want them to be similarly sized to these…secondary branches here, these guys.…So I want some small branches to come off…the top part of the trunk because it's…sort of acting like a branch itself.…You might be tempted to add another node…to the graph to do that, but we don't have to…because we can just cause the secondary branches…to sprout directly from the trunk that we have.…
I'll go over to the graph and zoom in a little bit.…On the trunk node we've got a new…child connection point and if you just…click and hold your mouse on that green circle…and drag over to this secondary branch…new input and release, now we've made…another connection from the trunk…to the secondary branch.…And if we select that secondary branch node,…we can see we have some highlighted red…primitives coming off of the trunk.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.