- For a high quality tree model, of course,…we will want the segments to blend with one another.…In other words, we'd like to see the trunk…seamlessly merge with the branch here.…Right now blending is disabled…and so we have a very hard transition at that joint.…We can see what we're doing a bit more clearly…if we reenable wireframe…from the advanced display options toolbar.…And basically we have these primitive segments…that are just interpenetrating…and there's no blending currently.…Blending is enabled from the parent node…and the child output tab within that parent node.…
In this case it will be the trunk node.…So I'll select the trunk in the graph…and then select the child output…that we previously labeled Primary Branch from Trunk,…and then open up the blending section if it's closed.…And we enable blending…and use subdivision is turned off…we're in an old school mode in PlantFactory…in which all that's really happening…is the shape of the child's segment here, or primitive,…is being adjusted to try to achieve a tangency…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.