- [Voiceover] Before bringing a plant…into another 3D program,…you'll want to check in on the wind settings,…because that will determine how the plant moves…in your other 3D program.…Whether that be VUE or any other 3D application.…As a test scene, let's just use one of the factory defaults.…Go to File menu and choose Open…and in the Trees tab,…on the second page…we'll find Mediterranean Cyprus.…Click on that and open it up.…
This plant is fairly simple.…It's build out of some flat planes…that are deformed.…Not through the billboard node,…but through the standard segment node,…using a feature called blades.…Let's just detour very quickly and look at those.…If I go to the trunk node,…and its child tab, which is labeled Leaf,…I'm going to reduce the number down to just one…so that we can examine it.…Set the plus or minus value in the number field to zero…and the number to just one.…
And we have a single segment there…and it is sprouting out a couple of blades.…And we can go to the leaf labeled node here,…which is actually not a leaf node.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.