- Test renders in PlantFactory heavily depend upon…the atmosphere settings that you've chosen.…And the default atmosphere is a very simple one…that is not really going to work terribly well,…because it doesn't really have global illumination…or bounce light.…The upshot is that billboards are going to render too dark.…Before we do test renders with billboards,…we should remember that the default…Dynamic Facing Camera option doesn't work…with a production render.…
We'll need to go to the Billboard node,…and in the leaf tab change the orientation…from Dynamic to Fixed Facing Current Camera.…And then all the billboards will physically snap…to face the current camera.…And when we do a rendering, they will all face the camera.…If they were set to dynamic, then the rendering…wouldn't really work properly in PlantFactory,…although it would work fine in View.…Alright, so we'll do a test render…with default atmosphere settings.…
And it looks way too dark.…We're not really getting any…bounce light on those billboards,…and it doesn't look realistic at all.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
In these tutorials, Aaron F. Ross shows how to get started with PlantFactory. He'll cover modeling plants and trees, sculpting plants from components, editing plant parameters, adding materials and animation effects, and rendering the results. Plus, learn how to use PlantFactory's powerful node graph to control individual properties and generate plants procedurally.
- Installing and customizing PlantFactory
- Creating plant segments with the Add tool
- Editing and blending segments
- Working with nodes in the graph
- Adding leaves
- Loading and editing materials
- Rendering plant images
- Sculpting with the Draw tool
- Pruning branches
- Modeling with the node graph
- Applying wind effects
- Exporting and importing plant models
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Exploring PlantFactory
2. Modeling Basics
3. Materials and Rendering
4. Freeform Modeling
5. Modeling with the Graph
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.