Join Joseph Labrecque for an in-depth discussion in this video What we will build, part of Adobe Animate CC: Data-Driven Animation.
- [Instructor] In this course, we'll develop two main projects, a web carousel, which ingests custom-formatted JSON data and loads external image files, and a module, which ingests standard XML data, formatted as RSS, and displays it to the user. Let's have a quick look at these projects before moving on. All right, here's the first one, and you can see that we have a number of images coming over and the user can actually control the carousel from left to right with integrated title and even disappearing and reappearing controls.
The second project pulls in RSS data and allows the user to click to view all of the details on that particular news item. Okay, with these projects in mind, let's get building.
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamic Data Fundamentals
About XML and JSON1m 49s
2. Design a Web Carousel
3. Program the Web Carousel
4. Design an RSS Display
5. Program the RSS Display
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.