Learn to create data-driven animations—a data-driven image carousel and an interactive RSS feed—using Adobe Animate CC.
- [Host] Hi, I'm Joseph Labrecque. In this course we'll have a look at designing data-driven animated content using Adobe Animate CC. First, we'll get a brief overview of the data formats, RSS and JSON and gain an understanding of how to use jQuery within an HTML5 canvas project. We'll then move on and design a JSON-driven web-based carousel to display images and associated text and provide a full set of automation and user interaction controls for the transitions between items.
The second project will employ standard RSS formatted XML in order to load a selection of news items within an interactive display. Users will be able to select items to view more information within a unified, animated interface. Alright, let's build some data-driven projects with Animate CC.
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamic Data Fundamentals
About XML and JSON1m 49s
2. Design a Web Carousel
3. Program the Web Carousel
4. Design an RSS Display
5. Program the RSS Display
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.