Learn to create data-driven animations—a data-driven image carousel and an interactive RSS feed—using Adobe Animate CC.
- [Host] Hi, I'm Joseph Labrecque. In this course we'll have a look at designing data-driven animated content using Adobe Animate CC. First, we'll get a brief overview of the data formats, RSS and JSON and gain an understanding of how to use jQuery within an HTML5 canvas project. We'll then move on and design a JSON-driven web-based carousel to display images and associated text and provide a full set of automation and user interaction controls for the transitions between items.
The second project will employ standard RSS formatted XML in order to load a selection of news items within an interactive display. Users will be able to select items to view more information within a unified, animated interface. Alright, let's build some data-driven projects with Animate CC.
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display