The second segment panel is pretty straightforward - the user simply clicks a number of times to “walk” toward the shed that was discovered in the 1st segment. However… they won’t know that at first! We’ll simply scale the content symbol to simulate this.
- [Instructor] The second segment panel…is pretty straightforward.…The user simply clicks the number of times…to walk toward the shed…that was discovered in the first segment.…However, they won't know that at first.…We'll simply scale the content symbol to simulate this.…The first thing we'll do is go down to our switchState,…because we need to add a new event listener for state two.…So here's switchState.…If you remember, we did the same thing in state one.…I'll paste in this little snippet here.…
And this is going to go ahead to root.segment02.…And addEventlistener of type click.…When click occurs, we'll invoke a function called shedClick.…Let's just go down here and right after this,…we can put the shedClick function in.…And you can really put it anywhere you want.…I'm pasting this in from our snippets file.…Here's our function shedClick,…and we initially set a variable s.…The variable s is gonna take segment02.contents.scaleX…and then multiply that by 1.5.…
Now contents is pretty much just…a movie clip symbol instance within segment02…
- Implementing desktop and mobile interactions
- Designing an animated web banner
- Creating titles
- Programming the banner
- Publishing the banner
- Designing, programming, and publishing an interactive animation
- Importing visuals and audio
- Integrating Animate animations into a responsive HTML website
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
1. Desktop and Mobile Interaction
2. Design an Animated Web Banner
3. Program the Animated Web Banner
4. Design an Interactive Animation
Import visuals and audio2m 52s
5. Program the Interactive Animation
6. Website Integration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.