Another feature of shapes in Animate is that they can be used to mask content through their use in conjunction with a special Mask Layer. The mask can even be animated with a shape tween - enabling some pretty nifty effects.
- [Voiceover] Another feature of shapes in animate…is that they can be used to mask content through their use…in conjunction with a special mask layer.…The mask can even be animated with a shape tween,…enabling some pretty nifty effects.…What we'll do is actually do some animated masking…against the photo so that it pops in.…So I want to create a new layer right above my photo layer…and I'll name this "photo mask".…Within this layer, I want to go ahead…and create a mask with my oval tool.…
What we'll do is we'll have it appear as a circle…and sort of balloon outwards until it completely appears,…so let's choose the oval tool and, for my masks,…I like to disable the stroke color by choosing…that option right there and I also like to use this…really vivid green, it's very unnatural, it's not something…that a lot of people would use in a project…and this color indicates to me that it's either…a mask or a guide or something.…
You don't have to use any specific color for masking,…this is just helpful for me when I'm going through…
- Setting up your workspace
- Using the stage and the pasteboard
- Importing images, Illustrator files, and Photoshop files
- Modifying text
- Drawing shapes and creating vector objects
- Managing your timeline
- Adding audio
- Using shape and motion tweens
- Coding navigation buttons
- Testing your animation
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Animate CC
2. General Concepts in Animate CC
3. Importing Assets into Animate CC
4. Vector Creation Tools
5. Working with Text
6. Modifying Vectors and Bitmaps
7. Managing Timeline Layers
8. Working with the Library and Creating Symbols
9. Animating Symbol Instances
10. Building Interactive Content
11. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.