There are a few ways in which we can complete the carousel and add some real polish to the project. One of these tasks is to hide the user interface when not needed, and the other is to allow for user interruption of the automated transitions.
- [Teacher] There are a few ways in which we can complete…the Carousel and add some real polish to the project.…One of these tasks is to hide the user interface…when not needed, and the other is to allow for user…interruption of the automated transitions.…Let's take care of that first.…So within our main timeline, I'm gonna paste in…a little snippet from our Snippets file.…And all this does is add an EventListener…to our stage of type "stagemousemove".…So this will fire any time our mouse…is detected moving across the stage.…
I'm going to invoke resetDelta when that happens,…and all resetDelta does is sends trackDelta back to zero,…which is exactly what happens in our onTick function…when trackDelta meets the seconds threshold.…We'll copy resetDelta, and we'll find…both the shiftCarouselLeft and Right in order to go ahead,…and invoke resetDelta after each one of those executes…because we don't want it to override anything.…
So let's save this and publish…to see if that fixes our problem.…Alright, so here we are,…
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamic Data Fundamentals
About XML and JSON1m 49s
2. Design a Web Carousel
3. Program the Web Carousel
4. Design an RSS Display
5. Program the RSS Display
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.