We’ll need to create items with little titles that can be clicked to read the details of a post. First, we’ll go ahead and design the visual skin for the renderer through use of a button symbol.
- [Instructor] We'll need to create items with…little titles that can be clicked…to read the details of a post.…First, we will go ahead and design the visual skin…for the renderer, through use of a button symbol.…Let's choose the rectangle tool,…with object drawing mode on,…and we will draw out a basic rectangle here,…which we can then use the selection tool…to select, and manipulate.…For one thing, I'm going to change the width…to be 290 pixels,…and the height should be 50 pixels.…
Let's change the fill color.…I'm going to just type in a value here,…and it's going to be six nines,…so this nice light gray color.…Right now, we don't have any strokes,…so we can't change the stroke color,…however, we can use the ink bottle tool to add a stroke.…Then, use the selection tool to…go ahead and further manipulate it.…
We'll change the stroke to this gray color here,…and make it nice and thick,…about six points for the value of our stroke.…I do want to turn off caps to the stroke though.…I don't want those two exists,…because if we double-click on this drawing object,…
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamic Data Fundamentals
About XML and JSON1m 49s
2. Design a Web Carousel
3. Program the Web Carousel
4. Design an RSS Display
5. Program the RSS Display
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.