We’ll now go ahead and design a set of controls that can be used to advance the carousel to the left or right. To do this, we’ll use a Button symbol.
- [Voiceover] We'll now go ahead and design a set of…controls that can be used to advance the carousel…to the left, or to the right.…To do this, we'll use a button symbol.…To create the button, I'm gonna use the oval tool,…and I'm gonna have object drawing mode on.…Let's go ahead and adjust the alpha transparency…of this black swatch, here, to around 40% alpha…so that we can sort of see through it.…Now I'll draw out a circle by clicking and dragging.…And then selecting that circle, this is a little big,…I'm gonna link the width and the height…and change this to 60 pixels for width and height,…and that's the exact size that I want.…
We'll go ahead, now, and create an arrow.…There are many different ways to do this.…I'm gonna use the rectangle tool,…and I want the arrow to be white at about 80% alpha.…And with that selected, I'm going to zoom in…so I have really tight control over this object.…I'll unlink the width and the height…because I want this to be 20 by 30.…And using the sub-selection tool, I can remove…
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamic Data Fundamentals
About XML and JSON1m 49s
2. Design a Web Carousel
3. Program the Web Carousel
4. Design an RSS Display
5. Program the RSS Display
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.