The “Mystery Garden” needs inhabitants… so let’s design a happy little insect to populate the garden banner. To do this, we’ll use some of the shape tools in Animate, and build out a structured “Bug” MovieClip symbol to allow some nested interaction down the line.
- [Instructor] The mystery garden needs inhabitants so let's…design a happy little insect to populate the garden banner.…To do this we'll use some of the shape tools in animate…and build out a structured bug movie clip symbol to allow…some nested interaction down the line.…The first thing I'll do is go over and choose my oval tool…and change the fill color to something…I've already determined.…The hex code for this is 660000, it's this nice…dark red color kind of rusty looking.…
With the happy bug layer selected I'm going to click…and drag out a circle for the bug's head.…And selecting that I want to actually make sure…that this is a drawing object.…So I'll choose create object out of that and I will lock the…width and height because I wanted to be a complete circle.…However, I want this to be about 58 pixels.…That looks like a good size so that's perfect.…Let's actually zoom in here,…So that we can focus on the different pieces.…
The next thing I'm going to create are the antenna.…For that let's choose the line tool.…
- Implementing desktop and mobile interactions
- Designing an animated web banner
- Creating titles
- Programming the banner
- Publishing the banner
- Designing, programming, and publishing an interactive animation
- Importing visuals and audio
- Integrating Animate animations into a responsive HTML website
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
1. Desktop and Mobile Interaction
2. Design an Animated Web Banner
3. Program the Animated Web Banner
4. Design an Interactive Animation
Import visuals and audio2m 52s
5. Program the Interactive Animation
6. Website Integration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.