All of our transitioned image content will be contained within a single MovieClip container. The movement of this container will be controlled with code. Let’s set it all up!
- [Narrator] All of our transitioned image content will be contained within a single movie-clip container. The movement of this container is going to be controlled with code. Before we can do that though, we need to set it all up. So, let's go ahead and open our Library. You can see we don't have anything in here right now. However, going down to the bottom here, there's this new symbol button. Let's click that, and what we want to do is create a new movie clip symbol. We'll name this CarouselContainer and hit OK. Alright, there's our CarouselContainer movie clip symbol within the Library.
And we've also gone ahead and entered into CarouselContainer as soon as we created it. This is something Animate does automatically for us, since it is an empty movie clip right now. Now, inside of here, I'm going to need a number of additional layers just like we did on the main timeline. So, I'll create those with the New Layer button and then double-click to rename them. So this will have its own Actions layer, which I will lock. We'll have a layer for Labels, which I will also lock.
And then, finally, the layer for our Content. Within our Content layer, I'm going to choose the rectangle tool. And in my Properties, I want to turn Object drawing mode on, so I create a drawing object and not a simple shape. I want Stroke to be turned off, which it is right now. And, for Fill, I can choose basically whatever I want. However, I'm going to choose just black. From there, I'll draw out a simple rectangle and then choose the Selection tool and select that in order to modify it.
All I want to modify is the X and Y, width and height. So, for X and Y, I'm going to set both of these to zero. For width, I'm going to make it match my movie, so 700. And height, the same thing, 250. Now that I have this Drawing object created, I want to create a movie clip symbol of this. So, what we're going to do is choose Modify, Convert to Symbol, and from here, we can go ahead and change the Registration point to the center if we wish.
Make sure it's a Movie Clip symbol, and then provide a Name. I'll call this ImageContainer, and hit OK. If we look within our Library, we can see that we now have CarouselContainer and ImageContainer. ImageContainer will serve as the content that is animated as we switch images within CarouselContainer. Alright, so now we have a container established along with a preliminary layer structure in our nested timeline.
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display