The details renderer will function just fine - as is. But would be more compelling for users if there was some animation, indicating when the details content is updated. Let’s add a small amount of animation.
- [Presenter] The details render will function…just fine as is, but wouldn't it be more compelling…for users if there was some animation…indicating when the detail's content is updated?…Let's add that small amount of animation.…The first thing we'll do is go into…our detail render movie clip…and here we have Actions, Text, and Skin.…Let's make sure they're all locked down…and on frame 15, click and drag across all three frames…and choose Insert, Timeline, Frame.…
That'll extend all those frames out.…Unlocking the Skin layer, let's go over to frame 15…and choose Insert, Timeline, Keyframe.…On frame one, let's choose our Drawing Object…and change the color a little bit…so on frame one, we're gonna change this…to a much darker shade of grey.…In order to get this animation working…we will right click on that framespan and choose…to create a shape tween.…
Now if I go ahead and preview this,…we see just this slight animated content here.…Now, I want to mask out all of this text…and have it animate in.…So, let's choose the text layer and create a new layer.…
- Using XML and JSON
- Setting up your Animate project
- Building a carousel container
- Applying animation
- Creating titles with dynamic text
- Ingesting external data
- Rendering images
- Automating transitions
- Designing an RSS display
- Programming the RSS display
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Dynamic Data Fundamentals
About XML and JSON1m 49s
2. Design a Web Carousel
3. Program the Web Carousel
4. Design an RSS Display
5. Program the RSS Display
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.