Our user needs to locate a key hidden somewhere in the room - as hinted at in the text. Simply clicking upon different items is just not going to cut it. They need a tool to break stuff! Over to the side of this panel - the user may notice an axe leaning against the wall which we will enable them to click and acquire.
- [Instructor] Our user needs to locate a key…hidden somewhere in that room.…Simply clicking upon different items…is just not gonna cut it.…They need a tool to break stuff.…The user may notice an axe leaning against the wall…which will enable them to click and acquire.…The first thing we'll need to do…is go down to our switchState function…and very similar to what we do in one and two,…we're going to add an EventListener…I'll paste that in from our Snippets file…and this one goes into segment three…and adds an EventListener to the axe instance…of type click.…
When someone clicks the axe,…it activates axeClick…which is a function that we'll create next.…Let's go back to the top of our file…and create some space…and paste in some snippets.…So here we set the variable…that determines whether or not…the user has acquired the axe.…It's a boolean called hasAxe…and it's initially set to false.…
Here's the axeClick function…that will fire off when someone actually does click the axe.…The first thing we do in this function…is we invoke removeChild on segment three…
- Implementing desktop and mobile interactions
- Designing an animated web banner
- Creating titles
- Programming the banner
- Publishing the banner
- Designing, programming, and publishing an interactive animation
- Importing visuals and audio
- Integrating Animate animations into a responsive HTML website
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
Adobe Animate CC for Web Designerswith Paul Trani1h 21m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
1. Desktop and Mobile Interaction
2. Design an Animated Web Banner
3. Program the Animated Web Banner
4. Design an Interactive Animation
Import visuals and audio2m 52s
5. Program the Interactive Animation
6. Website Integration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.