Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video The component template, part of Angular 2 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] When angular finds a match in the DOM…for a component selector, it will inject…the component markup into that DOM element…that it found a match on.…The markup it will inject comes from…the component metadata template properties.…There are two options, the template, and the templateUrl.…Let's check these out.…In the app component, we can see…that it is using the template property…and setting it to a string value of some markup.…This is an inline template.…
The markup is declared within the component metadata.…If we switch over to the browser,…and take a look at the run time results…by inspecting the DOM,…we can see that the element named mw-app has the markup…from the metadata inserted inside of it.…Back in the code, we can change that markup…in the template metadata property.…Add some new content, like a p tag,…with a description of what the media tracker app…is all about,…and when the browser reloads,…we can see that our new content is there.…
Using the template metadata property…is an easy way to compose our angular components.…
Justin Schwartzenberger steps through the framework one feature at a time, focusing on the new component-based architecture of Angular 2. You'll learn what Angular is and what it can do, as Justin builds a full-featured web app from start to finish. After mastering the essentials, you can tackle the other project-based courses in our library and create your own Angular app.
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Binding events and properties
- Getting data to components
- Using directives and pipes
- Creating Angular forms
- Validating form data
- Understanding dependency injection
- Providing services
- Making HTTP calls
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Router links2m 36s
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.