Join Justin Schwartzenberger for an in-depth discussion in this video The component template, part of Angular 2 Essential Training (2016).
- [Voiceover] When Angular finds a match in the DOM…for a component selector,…it will inject the component markup into that DOM element…that it found a match on.…The markup it will inject comes from…the component metadata template properties.…There are two, the template and the template URL.…Let's check these out.…In the app Component, we can see that it is…using the template property and setting it to…a string value of some markup.…This is an inline template.…The markup is declared within the component metadata.…If we switch over to our browser,…I'm using Chrome here,…and look at the run time results…by inspecting the DOM,…we can see that the element named…media-tracker-app…has the markup from the metadata inserted inside of it.…
We can change that markup in the template metadata property.…Add some new content, like a <p> tag…with a description of what the…media tracker app is all about.…And when we reload our browser…we can see that our new content is there.…Using the template metadata property…is an easy way to compose our Angular components.…
- What is Angular?
- Setting up an Angular template
- Creating a component
- Displaying data
- Working with events
- Using two-way data binding
- Creating a subcomponent
- Using the built-in HTTP module
- Using the built-in router module
Skill Level Intermediate
AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Applicationwith Roy Sivan31m 52s Intermediate
Building a Mobile App with AngularJS 1 and Ionicwith Ray Villalobos3h 31m Intermediate
1. Architecture Overview
3. Directives and Pipes
5. Dependency Injection and Services
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.