In this course, we'll be building a multi-user, real-time AngularJS application that uses Firebase to store and retrieve authentication and user data. It allows you to create meetings, check in users, and award prizes to attendees.
- [Narrator] So let's take a look at what we're going to end up with at the end of this course. So we're going to pick things up from the previous Registration course. So we'll have things like the Login page, the Register page, as well as a version of the Success page. So let's go ahead and login as a user. We're going to build a different route that's going to be called Meetings that will allow you to see a list of meetings and let you create additional meetings if you want to. I can type in a name right here and hit this plus sign and this meeting will be added without a refresh in real time.
I can also manage my meetings by deleting the meetings, going to a URL where people can check into the meeting, and going to a URL where people can see a list of checked in users. Let's go ahead and delete this meeting. Now you can see that that happens in real time. Now if I go to this check-in URL, I can check in a user and normally I would give this URL for people who are trying to check-in into my meeting.
And when I click on Check-in, it's going to go to a list of check-in's. Now here I can manage the users by deleting them as well as search through the users and sort the list in ascending or descending order, by name, last name, or date. I can also pick a random user and award them prizes.
We'll be doing all this with a combination of AngularJS routes and Firebase databases and authentication. Now that you've seen what we're going to be doing let's get started building this application.
Learn how to create forms, edit database records, create methods, randomize record selections, and style and secure your app. With these project-based lessons, you'll learn how to see how data-driven programming with AngularJS can help your apps react to real-time data streams.
- Customizing an Angular template
- Adding forms to create meetings and check in users
- Adding, showing, and deleting database records
- Using events to track meetings
- Adding a form to the app
- Creating methods
- Randomizing prizes
- Creating conditional styles
- Managing app permissions