Join Roy Sivan for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of AngularJS and WordPress: Building a Single-Page Application.
- If you are a member of lynda.com, you have access to the Exercise Files for this course. Once you download and open the files, you will notice there is a folder for each chapter. Inside each Chapter, there is a folder for each video that has Exercise Files. For example, Chapter Two, Video Two has a standalone WordPress theme that I called angular-spa. Most of the video examples have this standalone WordPress theme. To install the theme, simply go to your local WordPress install, go to your wp-content directory, themes, and your theme that you're working on, and just copy the files over.
You can also copy the angular-spa folder directly into your themes directory in your local WordPress environment.
In this course, Roy Sivan shows how to build a single-page web app with WordPress, AngularJS, and the WordPress REST API plugin. Roy also reviews creating controllers and routes to get a basic understanding of building a multiview single-page app. Plus, get some tips to transition your single-page app to a native mobile app with AppPresser.
- Setting up WordPress
- Creating the AngularJS components, including the controller and route
- Connecting WordPress and AngularJS
- Connecting views
- Adding and displaying custom data
- Using a plugin to show advanced custom field (ACF) data on the template