Find out how to get, set, and delete query strings in the URL of your Angular 2 application based on user input and when your users refresh the page.
- [Narrator] Query strings are an excellent alternative…to optional route parameters,…for use with discretionary or complex data,…like our user list filter.…Optional route parameters are technically…part of the routing path and angular,…so depending on your specific use case,…query strings may be more appropriate.…The APIs for query strings and optional route parameters…are very similar.…We'll start by updating our on-filter method…to set a query string instead of an optional route parameter…whenever a user types text into the filter input in our UI.…
We do this by removing the filter param's object…from the route array,…and placing it inside the second argument…of the navigation method instead.…This second argument is called navigation extras,…and allows for optional settings used during navigation.…One of these options is the query params property,…which we assign to our filter params object.…If we reload the page, we'll see that the URL…now upends a query string…with whatever we typed into the input.…
To clear the query string…
- Overview of data storage options
- Saving and retrieving data from the browser
- Setting routes in the URL
- Using query strings and fragments instead of routes
- Saving and retrieving data from a server
- Working with user input
- Using JSONP instead of HTTP
- Why writing custom services is important
- Writing custom services for working with browsers and servers
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Application overview1m 39s
2. Data Storage Options
3. Storing Data in the Browser
4. Storing Data on a Server
5. Writing Custom Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.